Do you need a social media policy?
Policytool.net can generate one for you.
There are 12 questions which ask:
- Your full legal company name
- The name that your company is commonly known as (if different)
- Who can use your social media policy – everybody or just specific individuals
- Whether employees need to get permission before using social media (if yes, the person who can give permission needs to be entered)
- Whether employees can use your company as a user name without approval (and the name of the person who needs to give permission)
- If there are any well-known employees who should follow this policy for personal use
- Any ethical standards employees need to follow?
- If you provide any in-house assistance with social media accounts and settings
- Whether profiles need to be consistent with the company’s website or publications
- Do corporate photos need to be used for profile pictures?
- Do employees need to use a disclaimer to say their comments are not on behalf of the company
- Do you want to add any tips for the successful use of social media?
A social media policy is then generated for you.
Visit http://socialmedia.policytool.net/ and follow the instructions.