I need to organise a venue for a product launch – how do I decide what location is best?
The tool ASFAB is used to determine the best venue to hold an event.
A checklist of considerations would include:
- Easy access for visitors
- Car parking
- Close to delegates invited
- Access by public transport
Suitability / Size
- The capacity the venue can hold
- Style – eg theatre style, classroom style
- Accommodation near by
- Entertainment for overseas guests
- Disabled access
- Separate room for lunch
- Serving staff available
- Comfortable seating
- Are there any obstructions for viewing the screen
- PA system: Amplifier, speakers, microphone, laptop
- Internet connection
- Ambience, eg a relaxed, professional or interesting venue
- Is the venue available when you need it?
- How long is the room available for hire?
- Can you access it early to set up?
- The venue needs to fit the budget determined – check whether the price for the venue includes all your requirements.
The information may be provided on a website but it is essential to check out the venue yourself!
Venuefinder is a good place to start your search http://www.venuefinder.com.